Order of Sith Realists
By logging in, you agree you are at least 18 years of age. You also agree that you proceed here at your own risk. No one is responsible for you, other than you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Order of Sith Realists
By logging in, you agree you are at least 18 years of age. You also agree that you proceed here at your own risk. No one is responsible for you, other than you.
Order of Sith Realists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I - Name

Go down

I - Name Empty I - Name

Post by Asra Impavida Sun May 21, 2023 8:48 am

I. Name
[By: Dark Lady Scorn / Revisions by: Kami Seiko & Sopho Tremis / Foreword by: Kami Seiko]
===============

Madeline Miller, The Song of Achilles wrote:“Bury us, and mark our names above. Let us be free.”

Dark Lady Kami Seiko:
Names have power - for what is it that is written down in the passages of history but a name that we add to the image. Titles and ranks adorn names that sing of deeds both terrible and great. So, is a name not important when taking on a spiritual and empowering journey? In taking on a name, we mark what we wish to achieve and what we wish to overcome. We mark what empowers us and drives us forward but also that which may hinder us. Our name is both our trial and our triumph and is something to be taken seriously.

===============

1. In your own words, explain why Dessel took on the name Bane in the Star Wars Universe.

2."Think about names you were given by your family/friends/peers or strangers - why were those names pinned to you? Did you think about their purpose? Did they make you feel something? If so, what exactly?

3. Go back, think about those names and the power they give you - or take away from you.

We are humans, seeking acceptance, adoration and importance. Names are huge portion of this process.
We're naming things we love, hate, fear, desire,... By naming alone, we can make object important, or utterly insignificant.
Perform a simple mental exercise: Choose object you like (it can be food, instrument or even a toy) and rename it - rename it to something unpleasant. Can you see how much this simple process can influence?

4.Now use both paths (shown below) to create your own name:
a) What makes you powerful, what's your strongest asset? Name that encompasses all your strengths. What gives you most power?
b) What made you doubt yourself, made you angry or vulnerable. Something you will overcome, "take back" and use instead of letting "it" use you.

EXTRA: Take 15-30 minutes each day for three days to meditate on the name you come up with and write about the experience.
Asra Impavida
Asra Impavida
Master
Master

https://www.youtube.com/@larkeneshbaal

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum